Mike Christensen, owner of Hunter Winfield’s Resort, grew up on Mille Lacs and has been guiding for walleye and smallmouth on Mille Lacs since 1994. He fishes almost every day in the summer and boats about 2000 walleye each season. He also guides in winter for perch and walleye.
In addition to guiding, Mike participates primarily in the Minnesota Tournament Trail (MTT). He fishes all the MTTs on Mille Lacs and generally places in the top 5. Some of his top places are noted below:
- 2016 – 1st place in the 2016 MTT Championship and 2nd place as Team of the Year
- 2015 – August 15/16 – 1st Place MTT Tournament
- 2014 – June 1 – 1st Place MTT Tournament on Mille Lacs
- 2012 – 1st Place MTT Championship on Lake of the Woods
- 2009 – 3rd place in MTT Championship
Mike works hard on the water and anyone fishing with him will see that. His goal is to ensure you don’t go home empty handed!