Things to Do
The Mille Lacs Lake area offers a range of activities suited for all ages!
When you are in the area whether you stay with us or someone else, we can take you fishing or you can rent one of our boats. Other ideas for you include:
- Launch Fishing
- Summer Guide Fishing
- Winter Guide Fishing
- Swimming – swim off our docks or use the City Park just steps away.
- Father Hennepin State Park – a nice walk from the resort or you can boat (and anchor near shore), bike or drive in (for a fee)
- Snowmobiling & ATV riding- we have the Soo Line Trail just 2 blocks from the resort
- Shopping – walking distance to gift shops including home-made yarn, reclaimed furniture, unique gifts. Our neighboring town, Wahkon is also a great place to visit for food or off-sale. Visit the Wahkon Inn for offsale liquor on your way into town. Please note that our City of Isle government has decided to separately assess a larger water bill to just resorts, not to other businesses. Because of that, we ask our customers to support the liquor stores outside of town. They are struggling small businesses like many businesses right now so we want to send business their way – so we are promoting Johnson Portside and Wahkon’s Morningstar Market or Wahkon Inn for your off-sale choices. We’ll have more information when you check in for your reservation.
- Dining – pizza and bowling alley, great little sandwich shops
- Enjoy our City Park! Complete with a Pirate Ship play set. The park is set on a little beach so kids may also enjoy swimming at the park.