Mike Christensen, owner of Hunter Winfield’s Resort, grew up on Mille Lacs and has been guiding for walleye and smallmouth on Mille Lacs since 1994. He fishes almost every day in the summer and boats about 2000 walleye each season. He also guides in winter for perch and walleye.
In addition to guiding, Mike participates primarily in the Minnesota Tournament Trail (MTT) and the AIM tournaments. He fishes all the MTTs on Mille Lacs and generally places in the top 5. Some of his top places are noted below (not all tournaments are listed; most tournaments are at least top 20 finish – top places noted below):
- 2021 – 1st Places AIM – Superior (August 1st), Mille Lacs MTT (5/22); 4th place team the year – AIM; top 10 finishes (7/6- Mille Lacs MTT; 7/25 Mille Lacs MTT)
- 2020 – 1st Place MTT – 7/26 Winne; 2nd Place MTT Championship Lake of the Woods; Top 10 MTT – 5/30 Mille Lacs; AIM July 14 Mille Lacs;
- 2019 – 1st Place 6/1 MTT Mille Lacs, 5th Mille Lacs – June 2; 4th AIM – Mille Lacs 6/9; 8th MTT Winnie 7/20 and 4th 7/21 MTT Winnie); 8th 8/2 & 8/3 MTT Mille Lacs;
- 2018 – 2nd place 6/2 MTT Mille Lacs; 2nd place 6/10 AIM Mille Lacs; 12th Championship LOW MTT
- 2017 – 1st Place 7/15 MTT Winnie; 5th 7/28-7/29 Winnie MTT
- 2016 – 1st place in the 2016 MTT Championship and 2nd place as Team of the Year
- 2015 – August 15/16 – 1st Place MTT Tournament
- 2014 – June 1 – 1st Place MTT Tournament on Mille Lacs
- 2012 – 1st Place MTT Championship on Lake of the Woods
- 2009 – 3rd place in MTT Championship
Mike works hard on the water and anyone fishing with him will see that. His goal is to ensure you catch your trophy of a lifetime!!